MGM Brakes, a Division of Indian Head Industries, Inc. is the leading supplier of spring brake actuators and service chambers for domestic and global truck, trailer, bus and specialty vehicles for the commercial vehicle industry. We are currently seeking a highly enthusiastic individual for a Tool & Die Maker/Machinist located in Cloverdale, CA.
The Tool & Die Maker/Machinist will operate lathes, mills, CNC equipment, surface grinders, etc. to modify and/or fabricate components for machinery repair. The Tool & Die Maker/Machinist assists and works as a team member performing corrective and preventative maintenance tasks as requested. Some responsibilities include assisting in the installation and development of new equipment and improvement projects, keeping work area clean, organized, and free of unused material and performing all jobs in a safe manner while complying with company safety rules and regulations. This position may require working with the Plant Engineer on the machining of prototype parts of future production units.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required
- 2+ year experience Tool & Die Maker/ Machining preferred
- Knowledge/Use of lathe, mills, and surface grinders
- Knowledge/Use micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, height gauges and etc.
- Assist in the set-up and programming of CNC production equipment
- Effective mathematical skills using common fractions and decimals
- Ability to use hand tools in the fabrication and modification of metal components
- Proficient in reading and understanding work instructions, blueprints and specifications
- Knowledge of proper feed and speed rates
- Skilled installing new machine equipment
- Knowledge of Environmental Management System procedures
- Understanding of safety and hazardous material disposal and storage
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Submit your resume today to the address below for immediate consideration. All candidates should be self-motivated, well organized, able to communicate effectively and willing to work in a team-oriented environment. MGM Brakes offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Resumes will be accepted thru Friday, June 9, 2017.
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 249
Cloverdale, CA 95425
Indian Head Industries/MGM Brakes is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity as a core value. We support equal access and welcome resumes from individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.