MGM Brakes, a division of Indian Head Industries, Inc., is the leading supplier of spring brake actuators and service chambers for domestic and global truck, trailer, bus and specialty vehicles for the commercial vehicle industry. We are currently seeking a highly enthusiastic individual for our Quality Assurance Manager position, located at our Cloverdale, CA manufacturing facility.
The primary responsibility of the Quality Assurance Manager is to assist with customer complaints and supplier problems, review and analyze data and test results from suppliers and assist with problem solving, and support QA Inspectors with their assigned duties. The Quality Assurance Manager has the authority to discontinue the machining or assembly of any component part that does not meet design specification. This position also has the authority to reject an incoming shipment or hold a shipment that has a component which may adversely affect the product performance function or safety. Additionally, this position will be required to establish, implement, and administer the ISO 9001 and 14001 systems, policies, and procedures for all plant functions pertaining to the MGM Brakes Cloverdale facility. The Quality Assurance Manager works in conjunction with corporate Quality Assurance Department.
- Associate’s Degree in a technical or business related field along with 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience is required; Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process & operations, calibration systems, and testing
- Knowledge of Geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T)
- Understanding of statistical process control and failure mode & effective analysis
- ISO 9001 (Quality) and ISO 14001 (Environmental) management systems
- Understanding of advanced product quality planning and customer Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) requirements
- Proficiency with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.), and Inventory Control Systems
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage workload
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective leadership, problem solving, and a minimum of 3+ years of decision making skills
- Ability to work with tact and professionalism towards customers and suppliers
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TODAY FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION. POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
WHAT MAKES THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid business travel accident insurance
- Company paid accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Company paid long term disability plan
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance for employees and family members
- Voluntary supplemental accident insurance for employees and family members
- Flexible spending account
- 401K retirement savings with an employer match
- Traditional pension plan
- Paid time off for vacation and holidays
To view the full job description, click here.