MGM Brakes, a Division of Indian Head Industries, Inc., is the leading supplier of spring brake actuators and service chambers for domestic and global truck, trailer, bus and specialty vehicles for the commercial vehicle industry. We are currently seeking a highly enthusiastic individual for a Plant Engineer, located in our Murphy, North Carolina manufacturing facility. Local Candidates Preferred!
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the Plant Engineer is to manage the overall plant engineering functions. Some responsibilities include establishing, implementing, and administering the policies and procedures for all plant engineering functions pertaining to the Murphy MGM Brakes facility. The Plant Engineer has the authority to discontinue the use of any machine or fixture which, if allowed to function and/or continue to operate would result in unsafe conditions, damage to the machine, or affect the process. The Plant Engineer also has the authority to approve or reject procedures pertaining to in-plant functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering preferred; and/ or Trade School in Industrial, Mechanical or Applications Engineering or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience with CNC applications and operations
- Minimum 5 years of experience with maintenance activities related to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic machinery and equipment
- Minimum 5 years of experience with the design of electro-mechanical machinery and equipment
- Experience in designing logic and programming PLC controllers is required
- Experience in troubleshooting system operations and ability to program machinery
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective leadership skills, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Ability to supervise and train employees
- Solid knowledge of MS Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage work load
- Familiar with quality and environmental systems
For a complete job description, click here.
Position will remain open until filled.
Submit your resume below for immediate consideration.