Human Resources Generalist - Cloverdale, ca
MGM Brakes, a division of Indian Head Industries, Inc., is the leading supplier of spring brake actuators and service chambers for domestic and global truck, trailer, bus and specialty vehicles for the commercial vehicle industry. We are currently seeking a highly enthusiastic individual for a Human Resources Generalist, located in our Cloverdale, California manufacturing facility.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for assisting with one or more of the following functions for the hourly employees of the Cloverdale, CA manufacturing plant: recruitment/selection, state and federal employment practices, compliance programs (Affirmative Action, OSHA, EEO, FMLA, ADA, etc.). Responsible for administering and maintaining HRIS systems, programs, procedures and plans according to HR policies and will provide assistance to hourly personnel on various HR related issues. Explain HR policies and procedures, responds to employees' questions and concerns. Other major areas of responsibility include administering weekly payroll and payroll activity for hourly personnel, hourly employee new hire orientations and benefit enrollments, employee relations, and day to day HR administration. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the administration of the local union contract; bringing to the attention of management when contract issues may arise; assists in dispute mediation and union contract negotiations. Works closely with Plant Manager as well as the Corporate Human Resources, Benefit, and Payroll staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field and/or minimum 5+ years of HR intermediate level experience is required.
- Experience is preferred with collective bargain agreements and contract negotiations.
- Familiarity with federal and state employment laws.
- Solid knowledge of MS Office programs and HRIS software.
- Knowledge of employment principles and practices.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to research and interpret laws, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to show sensitivity, tact and professionalism towards employees.
- Ability to adhere to strict code of confidentiality.
WHAT MAKES THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid life insurance/ Company paid accidental death and dismemberment
- Company paid long term disability
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance for employees and family members
- Flexible spending account
- 401K retirement savings with an employer match
- Traditional pension plan
- Paid time off for vacation and holidays
Position will remain open until filled.
Submit your resume below for immediate consideration.
TO COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING FORMS, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
Click here to view a short video explaining the value of voluntary self-identification.
- Voluntary Self ID Race-Ethnicity.pdf
- Voluntary Self ID Veterans-Applicants.pdf
- Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability CC-305.pdf
2. COMPLETE the form and re-save to your computer.
3. Use the online form below to UPLOAD and attach your completed form to MGM Brakes.
4. You may also attach the form to a regular email and send it to email@example.com
Apply for this position:
NO PHONE CALLS, THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS OR STAFFING FIRMS
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/minorities/females/veterans/disabled