MGM Brakes, a division of Indian Head Industries, Inc., is the leading supplier of spring brake actuators and service chambers for domestic and global truck, trailer, bus and specialty vehicles for the commercial vehicle industry. We are currently seeking a highly enthusiastic individual for a Human Resources Generalist, located in our Murphy, North Carolina manufacturing facility.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for assisting with one or more of the following functions for the hourly employees of the Murphy Manufacturing Plant: recruitment/selection, state and federal employment practices, employee relations, and compliance programs (Affirmative Action, OSHA, EEO, FMLA, ADA, Worker’s Compensation, etc.). Responsible for administering and maintaining HRIS payroll and personnel system data and procedures according to policies, and will provide assistance to hourly personnel on various Human Resources related items. Must be able to explain Human Resources policies and procedures and respond to employee questions and concerns. Other major areas of responsibility include administering weekly payroll and payroll activity for hourly personnel, hourly employee new hire orientations and benefit enrollments, and other day to day HR administration. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for working closely with plant management as well as the corporate Human Resources, Benefit, and Payroll staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field and/or a minimum 5+ years of Human Resources intermediate level experience
- Familiarity with federal and state employment and payroll laws
- Familiarity with payroll processes, incomes, deductions, and taxes
- Solid knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel) and HRIS software
- Knowledge of employment principles and practices
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to show sensitivity, tact and professionalism towards employees
- Ability to adhere to strict code of confidentiality
Submit your resume today for immediate consideration. Position will remain open until filled.
WHAT MAKES THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid accidental death and dismemberment
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Plans
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance for employees and family members
- Flexible spending account
- 401K retirement savings with an employer match
- Traditional pension plan
- Paid time off for vacation and holidays
For a complete job description, click here.
Position will remain open until filled.
Submit your resume below for immediate consideration.