MGM Brakes, a division of Indian Head Industries, Inc., is the leading supplier of spring brake actuators and service chambers for domestic and global truck, trailer, bus and specialty vehicles for the commercial vehicle industry. We are currently seeking a highly enthusiastic individual for a Human Resources Generalist, located in our Cloverdale, California manufacturing facility.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for assisting with one or more of the following functions for the hourly employees of the Cloverdale, CA manufacturing plant: recruitment/selection, state and federal employment practices, compliance programs (Affirmative Action, OSHA, EEO, FMLA, ADA, etc.). Responsible for administering and maintaining HRIS systems, programs, procedures and plans according to HR policies and will provide assistance to hourly personnel on various HR related issues. Explain HR policies and procedures, responds to employees' questions and concerns. Other major areas of responsibility include administering weekly payroll and payroll activity for hourly personnel, hourly employee new hire orientations and benefit enrollments, employee relations, and day to day HR administration.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the administration of the local Collective Bargaining Agreement (union contract); bringing to the attention of management when contract concerns may arise; assists in dispute mediation and union contract negotiations. This position works closely with Plant Manager as well as the Corporate Human Resources, Benefit, and Payroll departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field is required
- 5+ years of Human Resources intermediate level experience is required
- Experience with collective bargain agreements and contract negotiations
- Knowledge of employment principles and practices
- Proficiency with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.); HRIS systems
- Ability to research, read and interpret federal and state laws, rules and regulations
- Ability to show sensitivity, tact and professionalism towards employees
- Ability to adhere to strict code of confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage workload
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
WHAT MAKES THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid life insurance/ Company paid accidental death and dismemberment
- Company paid long term disability
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance for employees and family members
- Voluntary supplemental accident insurance for employees and family members
- Flexible spending account
- 401K retirement savings with an employer match
- Traditional pension plan
- Paid time off for vacation and holidays
TO APPLY AND VIEW THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
To view full job description, click here.
Indian Head Industries/MGM Brakes is an equal employment opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a special disabled veteran or other protected veteran. IHI/MGM Brakes will consider all qualified and interested applicants for career opportunities.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/minorities/females/veterans/disabled