MGM Brakes, a division of Indian Head Industries, Inc., is the leading supplier of spring brake actuators and service chambers for domestic and global truck, trailer, bus and specialty vehicles for the commercial vehicle industry. We are currently seeking a highly enthusiastic individual for our Field Technician position, located in our Charlotte, N.C. corporate office.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Field Technician is responsible for the overall field technical support of the MGM Brakes product line. This position requires proactively working with customers to ensure that MGM field issues are addressed. Up to 60% business travel is required primarily in the United States and Canada with occasional overseas travel. A portion of this travel will be based on a flex schedule with customer requests taking priority.
- Field experience in the commercial or transit industry using electromechanical disciplines is preferred
- Proficiency of electrical diagnostic and testing equipment
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Programs
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Develop and maintain current product knowledge
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong technical and electrical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to learn operational upgrades of electrical diagnostic equipment
- Ability to adapt to customer needs in regards to scheduling and differing work environments
WHAT MAKES THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid accidental death and dismemberment
- Company paid short-term disability and long term disability
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance for employees and family members
- Flexible spending account
- 401K retirement savings with an employer match
- Traditional pension plan
- Paid time off for vacation and holidays
For a complete job description, click here.
Position will remain open until filled.
Submit your resume below for immediate consideration.