MGM Brakes, a division of Indian Head Industries, Inc., is the leading supplier of spring brake actuators and service chambers for domestic and global truck, trailer, bus and specialty vehicles for the commercial vehicle industry. We are currently seeking a highly enthusiastic individual for an Accounting Manager, located in our Charlotte, NC corporate office.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Accounting Manager is responsible for the financial management and manufacturing costing functions including general accounting, billing, payables and receivables, financial reporting, and operational control systems. This position will analyze the costs of materials, processes, and labor to establish and investigate manufacturing costs. Additional responsibilities of the Accounting Manager will include participating in audits, compliance, and tax reporting under various laws and regulations; working in conjunction with the manufacturing facilities and Corporate Accounting. Some limited travel to the manufacturing locations and parts distributions centers will be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration is required
- 5+ years Accounting experience in manufacturing environment is preferred
- Understands principles of manufacturing cost accounting
- Demonstrated ability to close a full set of Accounting books and financial statements
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage workload
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective leadership, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Ability to work with tact and professionalism towards customers and vendors
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Proficiency with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.); advanced math skills
WHAT MAKES THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid life insurance/ Company paid accidental death and dismemberment
- Company paid long term disability
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance for employees and family members
- Voluntary supplemental accident insurance for employees and family members
- Flexible spending account
- 401K retirement savings with an employer match
- Traditional pension plan
- Paid time off for vacation and holidays
TO APPLY AND VIEW THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
To view full job description, click here.