MGM Brakes, a division of Indian Head Industries, Inc., is the leading supplier of spring brake actuators and service chambers for domestic and global truck, trailer, bus and specialty vehicles for the commercial vehicle industry. We are currently seeking a highly enthusiastic individual for our Accounting Assistant position, located at our Cloverdale, CA manufacturing facility.
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the Accounting Assistant is to maintain accounting department documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policy and accounting practices. In this role, the Accounting Assistant tracks accounts receivable (A/R) as well as provide administrative support to include filing, making phone calls, handling mail and basic bookkeeping duties. In addition, this position serves as a liaison between the Plant and Corporate financial departments and engages in communications with customers, vendors, and suppliers relating to various transactions, receivables and collections.
- High school diploma or G.E.D equivalency required
- 3+ years accounting experience or obtaining associates’ degree in related field
- Solid knowledge of MS Office, working with Excel spreadsheets
- Working knowledge of accounting processes
- Effective time management, ability to prioritize and manage workload
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with customers (collections) and vendors
WHAT MAKES THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid accidental death and dismemberment
- Company paid long term disability
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance for employees and family members
- Flexible spending account
- 401K retirement savings with an employer match
- Traditional pension plan
- Paid time off for vacation and holidays
For a complete job description, click here.
Position will remain open until filled.
Submit your resume below for immediate consideration.